Simple Low-Carb Healthy Snacks or Mini Meals
Here are a few simple low-carb healthy snacks or mini meals that happen to be among my favorite as of late. I am sure my favorites will change over time, especially as we reestablish ourselves on a piece of land where we can begin to produce more of our own food.
Having quick, simple, healthy low-carb snacks, or mini meals, can make all the difference in sustaining a healthy diet.
75-100g 'Extra lean' sliced ham w/ 1 oz. grass-fed sharp cheddar cheese, and sliced veg. such as cucumbers, celery, and/or radishes make a super easy snack, and provides a little sodium, important on low-carb diets.
Fruit provides a juicy, sweet balance to life ~ and is the simplest 'fast food' healthy snack!
Waldorf salad w/ sliced 'extra lean' ham, celery, apple, walnuts & gf cheddar cheese, tossed with a little xvoo, sea salt & pepper. Add a squeeze of citrus if desired. A great sweet,sour, savory, juicy, crunchy, & salty blend.
Here are some simple, low-carb healthy snack or mini meal ideas.
- Cottage cheese is an ideal base for a quick snack. Top with chopped fruit, a dusting of cinnamon, and a tiny pinch of honey or stevia. Or, pair with more savory flavors, and chopped vegetables.
- Another easy low-carb healthy snack or mini meal is smoked turkey drumstick, often sold at supermarkets. Just slice, pack and go. It is really delicious, and tastes like a slightly less salty ham. Turkey meat is very nutritious with an excellent amino acid profile. The dark meat and skin is also high in minerals like zinc, iron and selenium.
- The smoked turkey can also be simmered with chopped onion, cabbage, zucchini & tomato or other vegetables for a delicious, quick low-carb mini meal. It's also good in omelettes, or bone broth with vegetables for a nice soup.
- If you don't have a lot of time to spend preparing meals on a daily basis, make a roast, or roast a big turkey breast. That way you have super quick, low-carb healthy snacks or mini meals to put together for a few days.
- Heat up some broth to have with your roast beef or turkey, and simply add the meat to the broth, or enjoy it on the side. Roast beef and turkey is often better cold the next day! Have with some grainy mustard or horseradish if desired.
More Low-Carb, Healthy Snack or Quick Mini Meal Ideas
- Eggs are super nutrient-dense, easy to cook, and easy to pack. Have 1-2 hard boiled eggs with 1 oz. of cheese, or 50g of sliced meat like the extra lean ham or some roast beef, chicken or turkey, and a few lettuce leaves, celery, cucumber, or other vegetable. Cut them up on a bed of lettuce if you prefer a salad. Or make some deviled eggs!
- Pickled veggies (homemade best, but Bubbies brand is naturally brined and fermented) with some animal protein of choice, and some broth.
- Half an apple, sharp cheddar or goat cheese, and a few pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, or dry roasted almonds.
- A cucumber salad w/ tomato, red onion, & xvoo, a few black olives, and chopped sardines, tuna, or mackerel.
>Return to Home Page >Low-Carb Healthy Snacks
Be sure to subscribe to be alerted for special offers, such as e-book give-aways, new recipes, and much more great content gets posted!